Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #9

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten List

Top Ten Authors I'd Like To See On A Reality Show (and which reality show :P) OR Top Ten Authors Who Deserve Their Own TV Show - UPDATE: Now, this week is a freebie week for those who don't want to do this topic! It wasn't as good as an idea as I thought initially. But, feel free to do this topic still if you'd like!

With that being said I have decided to do just my Top Ten Favorite Authors and not add in the reality shows.



My Top Ten Top Ten Favorite Authors



  1. P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast - The House Of Night Series


  2. Stephen King - The Dark Tower Series, The Stand, The Langoliers


  3. Emma Mills - Witchblood Series


  4. Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me #1


  5. Claudia Gray - Evernight Series


  6. Stephanie Meyers - The Twilight Saga


  7. L.J. Smith - The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle


  8. Kenya Wright - Fire Baptized (Habitat #1)


  9. Monica Millard - Children of the Gods


  10. Amanda Hocking - The Hollows , My Blood Approves



That is my Top Ten Favorite Authors. I chose these authors because of the stories that they have written have stuck in my mind. I fell in love with the charcters and the writers made me feel as if I was right there with each and every one of them helping them to fight their battles. I saw each characters world through their eyes.

What is on your Top Ten this week? Leave me a comment to your Top Ten Tuesday so that I can see what is on your Top Ten list.

10 comments:

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Tahereh Mafi is great to meet in person! Hopefully, if you haven't already, you will get a chance to meet her! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Great list! I would say P.C. Cast would be on my top ten also not just for HON, but I enjoy her adult novels as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Liz

The Avid Reader said...

That would be awesome. Thanks for stopping by.

The Avid Reader said...

I love the HON series. I have yet to read any of her other books. I need to do that. Thanks for stopping by.

Angela said...

My husband loves Stephen King. The only book I've been brave enough to read by King has been The Green Mile, so far.
Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

yarereviews said...

Ohhh I love the HoN series BUT they ARE kind of dragging it a tad.
My TTT;
http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-8.html

EmmaM said...

Wow! I'm extremely flattered and over the moon to be your number 3! :-)

The Avid Reader said...

I love Stephen King. I have read and own almost all of his books.

The Avid Reader said...

Oh yes, the HON series is great. Thanks for stopping by.

The Avid Reader said...

Well, you really are one of my favorite writers. I am not just saying it. I would never do that because that is not who or what I am. I really loved Witchblood. I have not found another book yet that I could read as fast as I did Witchblood. Thanks Emma for stopping by my blog. I am very honored that you stopped by to visit my blog.