Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #8












Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books



Top Ten Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books



  1. “Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good.” - Betrayed by P.C. Cast

  2. “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.” - The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King

  3. “Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.” - The Stand by Stephen King


  4. “I spent my life folded between the pages of books. In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.” - Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

  5. “It’s funny—when people call you “shy,” they usually smile. Like it’s cute, some funny little habit you’ll grow out of when you’re older, like the gaps in your grin when your baby teeth fall out. If they knew how it felt—really being shy, not just unsure at first—they wouldn’t smile. Not if they knew how the feeling knots up your stomach or makes your palms sweat or robs you of the ability to say anything that makes sense. It’s not cute at all.” - Evernight by Claudia Gray

  6. “When you will not fly into a passion people know you are stronger than they are, because you are strong enough to hold in your rage, and they are not, and they say stupid things they wish they hadn't said afterward. There's nothing so strong as rage, except what makes you hold it in--that's stronger. It's a good thing not to answer your enemies.” - A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

  7. “Never did she find anything so difficult as to keep herself from losing her temper when she was suddenly disturbed while absorbed in a book. People who are fond of books know the feeling of irritation which sweeps over them at such a moment. The temptation to be unreasonable and snappish is one not easy to manage. "It makes me feel as if something had hit me," Sara had told Ermengarde once in confidence. "And as if I want to hit back. I have to remember things quickly to keep from saying something ill-tempered.” - A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

  8. “Love means never having to say you're sorry.” - Love Story by Erich Segal

  9. "We all float down here." - It by Stephen King


  10. “This is the way the world ends; not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door.” - Hollowland by Amanda Hocking



That is my Top Ten favorite quotes. I chose these quotes because most of them has stuck with me over the years or have a special meaning for me in some way. I can hear someone say something and I will think about one of these quotes. I really enjoyed this weeks Top Ten. I knew right away which ones I would pick. Not that I can remember them by heart but that is what we have the internet for, right?

What quotes did you pick? What do you think about the ones I chose? Have you ever heard of any of these or read the books? Leave me a comment to your Top Ten Quotes so that I can see what quotes you chose.

4 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I love the ones from Little Princess! That book made such an impact on me when I was younger. And now I totally think the same thing when someone interupts my reading. How dare they! :)

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite Stephen King books on your list!

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

I love how you included quotes from A Little Princess and Shatter me, I love those quotes and the books they belong too. Great top 10 :)

Here's my Top10 post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

KrizziaKaye said...

I'm thinking of reading shatter me now because of your quote. =)